Paper and Cardboard
Paper and Cardboard
All uncontaminated paper and cardboard collected by ntrs is recycled. The material is compressed into large 1 ton bales ready for transport. ntrs supply paper and cardboard to pulp and paper mills around Australia and the world for pulping to produce recycled paper and cardboard products like office paper, newspaper and cardboard cartons.
All cardboard boxes should be FLATTENED to maximise space in bins
what can I put in my cardboard and paper bin
Formula to calculate environmental saving for recycled paper & cardboard - 1kg
- The reduction in paper use is based on the following conservative estimates: page savings will only be realized for
approximately 50% of documents (a 1.5 page paper would gain no reduction in paper use for margin reductions), 50% of
paper is used for printing or photocopying printed documents, and 19% more area available with 0.75” margins. Thus the total
reduction in paper use is 0.50x0.50x0.19 = 4.75%. Mueller Policy Paper #1: Reduce Standard Margin Settings.
- www.conservatree.com: Claudia Thompson, in her book Recycled Papers: The Essential Guide (Cambridge, MA: MIT
Press, 1992), reports on an estimate calculated by Tom Soder, then a graduate student in the Pulp and Paper Technology
Program at the University of Maine. He calculated that, based on a mixture of softwoods and hardwoods 40 feet tall and 6-8
inches in diameter, it would take a rough average of 24 trees to produce a ton of printing and writing paper, using the kraft
chemical (freesheet) pulping process. [URL: http://www.conservatree.com/learn/EnviroIssues/TreeStats.shtml]
- The State of the Paper Industry: Monitoring the Indicators of Environmental Performance. A collaborative report by the
Steering Committee of the Environmental Paper Network Environmental impact estimates were made using the Environmental
Defense Paper Calculator. For more information visit http://www.papercalculator.org.
- Environmental impact estimates were made using the Environmental Defence Paper Calculator. For more information
- Resource Information Systems, Inc., RISI Long-Term Pulp and Paper Reviews. RISI: Bedford, MA, July 1995, p. 52.
- Abromovitz and Mattoon, Worldwatch Paper: Paper Cuts, p. 20, 1999
- OECD Environmental Outlook, p. 218
- "Paper Efficiency…What it is and how to achieve it," Bruce Nordman, www.rethinkpaper.org
- "Clean Technologies in U.S. Industries: Focus on the Pulp and Paper Industry." United States-Asia Environmental
Partnership (Washington, D.C.: September 1997)
- a: Assumes that a typical new wood frame home uses 15,000 board-feet. b: Assumes the flow through the Bridal Veil,
American and Horseshoe Falls at Niagara Falls is 750,000 gallons/second. c: Assumes the average household uses 104 million
BTUs of energy each year. d: Assumes an average driving distance of 200 miles per week.
- Greenprint: http://www.printgreener.com/earthday.htm
*Calculations are based on averages and estimates ascertained from ntrs